Mushroom popsicles?? Oh yes!
Reishi and Chaga are woody mushrooms with myriad health benefits. Both are replete with antioxidants and immune-enhancing polysaccharides and inflammation-modulating triterpenes. Chaga, which grows on birch trees in northern climates, contains a unique anti-cancer compound called betulin, which it extracts from the birch tree itself. Reishi, one of the best-researched medicinal mushrooms, exhibits benefit in every body system: the cardiovascular system, the adrenal glands, the liver, the nervous system, and the immune system. In traditional Chinese medicine, it was used for longevity, deficiency states, and cases of disturbed “shen,” or spirit. It has pronounced anti-viral and anti-allergy effects, which make it perfect for today’s “immune fatigued” folks.
The taste? Robust, coconutty, and chocolatey, your friends would NEVER guess there was a mushroom in sight!
Makes about 6-8 popsicles, but this depends on the size of your mold!
1 ½ can full-fat organic coconut milk
½ small banana or avocado
½ cup STRONGLY brewed Reishi Roast (2 tbsp of Reishi Roast Original steeped in 8 ounces boiling water for 20 minutes, strained). Optional: 3 drops stevia and ¼ tsp vanilla – add these while steeping or to the final brew.
½ cup organic shredded coconut
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
45 drops organic liquid stevia (about 1 ½ dropperfuls)
Optional: ½ cup Great Lakes Collagen (green canister) <– vegans and vegetarians omit this
Combine all ingredients EXCEPT Reishi Roast brew and the shredded coconut in a blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth.
Add the shredded coconut and pulse (you don’t want the coconut too fine, as it provides great texture in the popsicle).
Divide the cooled Reishi Roast brew into each popsicle mold. Pour the coconut milk mixture between popsicle molds over the Reishi Roast brew, and freeze for several hours or overnight.
Dip bottoms of molds into hot water 20 to 30 seconds to loosen pops. Remove from molds and serve.
- 1½ can full-fat organic coconut milk
- ½ small banana or avocado
- ½ cup STRONGLY brewed Reishi Roast(2 tbsp of Reishi Roast Original steeped in 8 ounces boiling water for 20 minutes strained). Optional: 3 drops stevia and ¼ tsp vanilla - add these while steeping or to the final brew.
- ½cup organic shredded coconut
- 1tsp organic vanilla extract
- 45drops organic liquid stevia(about 1 ½ dropperfuls)
- Optional: ½ cup Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate (green canister) -- vegans and vegetarians omit this