Makes about 2 servings
2-3 baby bok choys, cut down the center rib, and then cut into 1-2 inch diagonals
1 small handful baby spinach
1 small handful cilantro, stems removed (optional)
1-2 clove(s) of garlic, minced
1-2 green onion(s), slivered
3-4 cups chicken broth, bone broth, or veggie broth
1 handful shiitake mushrooms, slivered, or enoki mushrooms if you can find them
Fire Cider, 2 tablespoon or to taste (if you don’t have any made, use apple cider or rice wine vinegar)
Sauerkraut, 2 tablespoon (optional)
Salt or tamari to taste
Extra heat to taste: cayenne, slivered serrano chile, or a dash of your favorite hot sauce
Optional protein add-ons:
1/2 block of firm organic tofu, cubed
1/2 lb pastured pork, cut in 1 inch strips
1 hen or duck egg, lightly beaten, per serving bowl
Sauté garlic and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, until soft and fragrant. If you’re using pork, add it now.
Add bok choy, and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Add broth and bring to a boil. Immediately lower heat, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. If you’re using tofu, add it now.
Turn off the heat, and stir in spinach, cilantro, fire cider, and optional egg. Allow to stand for about 3-5 minutes.
Stir in the sauerkraut, if using, and serve.
The even easier version of this soup uses leftover Immune Star Stir Fry in broth, finished with Fire Cider,
a dollop of sauerkraut, and an egg.
- 1 small handful baby spinach
- 1 small handful cilantrostems removed (optional)
- 1-2 clove(s) of garlicminced
- 1-2 green onion(s)slivered
- 3-4cups chicken broth, bone broth, or veggie broth
- 1 handful shiitake mushroomsslivered, or enoki mushrooms if you can find them
- 2tablespoon Fire Cider(if you don’t have any made, use apple cider or rice wine vinegar)
- 2tablespoon Sauerkraut(optional)
- Salt or tamari to taste
- Extra heat to taste: cayenne, slivered Serrano chile, or a dash of your favorite hot sauce