What you’ll need for this dish for approximately 2 servings*
6-8 sunchokes, chopped into ¾ inch hunks
8-10 cremini mushrooms cut into quarters (chanterelles and maitakes work well too!)
½ bunch swiss chard, cut down the spine and roughly chopped
1 turkey breast (skin on for a moist and crispy result) or leg/thigh, cut into 2 pieces (you can use chicken, of course)
Handfuls of fresh herbs: sage leaves, roughly chopped, rosemary, and thyme (use dry if you don’t have them on hand)
About 2 tbsp organic olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 F while you’re washing and chopping.
Toss everything in olive oil and herbs, keeping the chard separate. Arrange in your baking dish.
The turkey can sit on top of the veggies if necessary. I like to place several whole sage leaves over the turkey.
When the oven is hot, put the dish in and cook for 30-40 minutes. Check to see how it’s coming along. If it’s close to done, throw the chard over the dish and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
- 6-8inch sunchokes chopped into ¾ hunks
- 8-10 cremini mushrooms cut into quarterschanterelles and maitakes work well too!
- ½ bunch swiss chardcut down the spine and roughly chopped
- 1pieces turkey breast or leg/thighcut into 2 (you can use chicken, of course), skin on for a moist and crispy result
- Handfuls of fresh herbs: sage leaves, roughly chopped, rosemary, and thyme (use dry if you don’t have them on hand)
- About 2tbsp organic olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
The post Roasted Sunchokes, Mushrooms, and Rainbow Chard with Sage, Rosemary & Thyme Turkey appeared first on Farmacopia.